BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 21, 2011

spring/summer '11 shoe trends.


Spring is officially here, so I think it's the perfect time to dust off your sandals, get that (well deserved) pedicure and strut your stuff! For the past couple of years the big trend has been the gladiator sandal. Well this Spring/Summer there is a lot of new trends being seen on and off the runways. There are shoes for each and every personality, whether you are fun and flirty or a sassy fashionista! 

Top: 1, 2 Middle: 3 Bottom: 45 

This past Fall, clogs were one of the must have shoes of the season. Well to continue on with the 70's trend, we have its sister, the wooden platform. These shoes are super versatile and very affordable! (Psst I own #2!)

Top: 1, 2 Middle: 3 Bottom: 4, 5

At first when I think of loafers I honestly think old men or teachers, but after seeing this trend revamped I have to say I'm pretty excited! The bright fun colors and the different textures and patterns will give that extra kick to make any outfit pop!

Top: 1, 2 Middle: 3 Bottom: 4, 5

If you're anything like me, short and have a passion for heels, the wedge is for you! I LOVE a good wedge. These different colors and shapes will work with anything from skinny jeans to a fun flirty skirt. And to top it off, they're extremely comfy!

Top: 1, 2 Middle: 3 Bottom: 4, 5

Brogues, otherwise known as oxfords, have recently become popular over the last couple of years with the help of the menswear trend. Those black and white oxfords I wore in middle school were nowhere near as cute as these! I love the idea of mixing masculine and feminine pieces, but these shoes already has the best of both worlds!    

Top: 1, 2 Middle: 3 Bottom: 4, 5

I'm always looking for the hottest and most unique heels; I think I found "IT". These heels are not only a fun burst of color but they're definitely going to be a conversation starter. This trend was a little harder for me to get my hands on, at an affordable price, but I did my best to not really exceed $100.

Top: 1, 2 Middle: 3 Bottom: 4, 5

 When you think of a summer sandal espadrilles typically come to mind. Although you're probably thinking of the wedged form, this is the new and fresh take. These flat espadrilles come in a various amount of colors and patterns. This summer swap out your boring flats for these fun and comfortable espadrilles!


What are your take on these trends? Likes/dislikes? I hope this helps when you're on your quest for the perfect summer shoe(s)!!


xoxo sprinkles && twinkles

0 comments: