BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 18, 2011

happy friday.

I figured I should probably write this post early seeing that it's going to be 72 today && I can't let that go to waste knowing that it's going to drop back down to the low 50's this week! I can't believe spring break is almost over. This week flew by at warp speed. With that being said, I figured I'd do something a little different this Friday. In honor of this gorgeous weather I wanted to highlight some of my favorite things (I'll most likely indulge in them all today =))


Food: With spring and summer on their way, I can't help but look forward to fun fruity drinks (with or without alcohol). One of my all time favorites has to be lemonade. It's so refreshing and super easy to make! It's great as is but when combined with other fruits (ie. raspberries), the combination is heavenly. Below are some recipes worth trying out for yourself!


Books: Since receiving a kindle for Christmas, I have become an avid reader and CANNOT wait to test it out this Summer while lounging out on the jersey shore beach! I don't tend to reread many books (unless they're my all time favs!) but I think I have to make an exception this time. Last year I got a hold of Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin and could not put it down! Recently a friend told me that the book has been turned into a movie and after seeing the trailer I can not wait to reread the book before the movie releases! If you haven't read the book I seriously suggest it, along with it's sister book Something Blue.



Music: As you know from my previous music posts I tend to favor songs that are remixed and this is no exception. I love love love Morgan Page and his remix of The Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition is so fun and upbeat! This is a definitely a song I would have blasting on my drive down the shore. Check it out along with his other songs.


The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Morgan Page Remix) by morganpage

 
xoxo sprinkles && twinkles

1 comments:

Mal said...

hey nicole!
big fan of your blog! i read it everyday!
i love your nail polish post! you are so talented. i'd love for you to do my nails one day. puh-puh-please.
also, i wish you got a nook instead of kindle so then we can share books!! but just think how "high tech and high class" we'll look this summer at the beach reading our e-readers. SO PUMPED!!
anyway, i'd love to see a post of makeup. i have such a hard time putting eyeliner on the top lid can you give me some advice for like a cat eye?
Thanks,
your biggest fan