BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 3, 2011

the key to transitioning.

me at work!

This time of year the weather is too warm to still be wearing your heavy winter coat, but it's too cold to wear your favorite spring dress without tights. As I was dressing myself for work I was thinking, how can I combine some of my favorite pieces from winter and make them work for me right now? My fur vest and wedged booties have been my go to staples all through fall and winter! Wanting to wear jean shorts in 50 degree weather, I thought it would be best to pair them with black opaque tights and the booties. Adding a flowy lace blouse, brings some lightness to the outfit and adds a bit of whimsy. I'm always a big fan of jewelry, especially rings, so the addition of a big bold ring adds a pop of color and helps complete this look. Below I created a look similar to mine, along with two other looks that combine pieces from your summer and winter wardrobe!  



I don't know about you, but i'm tired of wearing pants all winter long! I'm ready to put on my favorite floral skirt, throw on a blazer and tights and be on my way. To get this look you need a fun flowy skirt (you know i'm partial to flowers by now!), a cardgian of your choice, a shirt (I just happened to go with something a little more conservative but even a tank top would work), add a pair of heels (ie. clogs or wooden platforms) and throw on a pair of tights or layer on some fun knee highs!



People might think I'm crazy to even think about wearing a maxi dress now, BUT with the right pieces and accessories this look is easy to pull off! All you need is a maxi dress (I'm sure everyone has one by now), a pair of ankle boots/booties, a jacket (perhaps even a faux leather one?) and a fun bold accessory (ie. this tribal necklace, which is a must have piece for spring!)


All of these outfits are easy to do and most of these pieces you can already find in your closet. Try it out for yourself. Have fun and experiment! Happy transitioning!


xoxo sprinkles && twinkles

0 comments: