BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 4, 2011

what a high.


Nothing puts me in a better mood than music (unless it's cupcakes)! As I was searching for new songs to add to my ever growing collection, I realized the songs that I were drawn to had a commonality among them. They all had great beats and amazing female vocals!


Laura Jansen – Use Somebody (Armin van Buuren Rework) by ickicka

I'm a HUGE fan of Armin van Buuren. After hearing Laura Jansen's beautiful voice sing Use Somebody by Kings of Leon, I was blown away! Not only are the vocals angelic and dreamy, but Armin manages to make the song even better by adding the perfect beat to make this a dance song, yet the focus is clearly on Laura. Word on the street is that this was a big hit at Ultra.


Rimer London - Love Dagger - Magnetron Music by Low Life Inc

When I first saw Rimer London, I automatically thought mascara but quickly caught my mistake. Amsterdam native, Rimer, is a producer and artist that is known for his melodic tunes with an emphasis on house and electronic music. After sampling some of his singles, it was refreshing to hear a song with vocals. Cata Pirata's vocals left me in a hypnotic trance with catchy sing along lyrics, despite the repetiveness.



Medina, although the name might not ring a bell, is by no means a nobody. As the biggest female artist in 2010, Medina rules the Danish music scene. Welcome to Medina, is her latest cd containing electro pop tunes that have quickly skyrocketed up the dance charts. Although she is primarily popular in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, there are rumors that her tour may expand to other locations, such as the US!


What do you think of these songs? Do you love the beats? vocals? I can't stop playing these songs on repeat! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do =)


xoxo sprinkles && twinkles

0 comments: